week in the life: mon april 1

I love when Birchie and Stephany and others have done this and was looking for a writing challenge to kick off Q2 - so, here we go:


  A Monday in the life of this mom, partner, hybrid worker, dumpster fire (haha!):

 

7:15 Wake up (oof, we slept in after a few days of all-night-LM-has-a-cold wake ups) followed by a LM cuddle

 

7:20 Randomly scroll (oof, bad habit) and then put on my work from home video call mullet (cute shirt on top, leggings on the bottom)

7:30 Head downstairs. Coffee for me and the Mr. and purple Gator-eggs for LM from the Mr. (purple scrambled eggs that he tried to convince her were made with Gatorade for April Fools); lots of Bella begging for food and ignoring her own

7:50 Upstairs to work for me; emails and Teams hellos

8:15 LM comes up to get ready so lots of chats and whines

8:35 The Mr. takes LM to the school walkers meeting place and I keep working

8:45 Put in my contacts, brush my hair and teeth, deodorant, moisturize, sunscreen, and take my meds 

 

8:50 Catch up on this post and some blogs and comment during (vs. a bunch of open tabs and forgotten thoughts); get excited for the Cool Bloggers Walking Club and hopeful gold stars

9:00 Head downstairs to say hi to the dog and make my smoothie; chat with the Mr. when gets home from drop-off

 


9:10 Meetings and emails and drafts and tasks

 

11:30 Was supposed to be lunch but became an extension of my 11-11:30

 

11:48 LUNCH BREAK! A cup of tea, some food, a catch up with the Mr. and Bella (we finally booked our April school vacation plans!) and then a 10-minute stretch to keep my lower back from aching; catch up on this post


 

1 Draft and chat and tasks and fires to be put out and plans and rewriting plans (well, at 1:52 I went and dramatically laid in my bed for a few minutes after an awkward email exchange)

 

2:45 Change into real pants and go pick up LM at the walker’s meet-up


 

3:30 Get back and check in with my team one last time for today while the Mr. gives LM early dinner (and more cold meds); catch up on this post

 

4:05 Hang with LM while she puts on the dreaded tights and get-up

 

4:15 Drive LM to dance and catch up in the parking lot

 

4:35 Home and finish up a email. Then, dinner with the Mr.! Greek chicken bowls with basmati and all the veggies. I remember to pack one for my in office lunch tomorrow!

 

6:10 The Mr. goes to grab Lil Momma and I head downstairs for a walk + run for 20 minutes (and a walking club gold star for day 1!)



6:45 They get home and it’s homework and showers and whining 

 

7:45 We watch the first episode of Taskmaster’s 17th series!

 

8:30 LM says goodnight to the Mr. and goes up to Wordle and Duolingo and read; the Mr. and I watch the new Pioneer Woman from last weekend (why we watch this regularly, I have no clue)

 

9:15 I go up and say goodnight to LM, do my own Duolingo, then skincare, teeth, contacts out - glasses on, stretch, etc.

 

9:30 The Mr. comes up from taking the dog out and doing his Duolingo (he plays all day and takes his leaderboard place seriously, haha) and we continue watching season 2 of CSI: Miami (we don’t know why we feel compelled to complete all the CSIs, but we are so far in we can’t stop)


10:45 Glasses off, hopeful sleep 


That’s it for day 1! Nothing too crazy, but a normal Monday here…

Comments

  1. WHF video call mullet!!! I've always called it "business on the top, party on the bottom". I love the family wordle & Duolingo streak. What language are you learning and is everyone learning the same language or all you all doing different ones?

    Congrats on day 1! If your week is anything like mine, the next few days will be a little intense and then you'll blink and the week will be over. It goes fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have made so much more sense if we all learned the same language, but that just isn't our MO, haha! LM is learning Spanish, the Mr. is learning German, and I just switched to French in January after a year+ of Italian.

      Delete
  2. I love posts like this, so fun.
    And thanks for joining in with the walking "challenge." It really does motivate me to know that other people are walking each day, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't walk earlier with how busy my day was, but then I thought about all my CBWC friends and it was like that solidarity carried me to my walk - I love it!

      Delete
  3. Ha, at least you don't wear pajamas at the bottom! I've fallen in love with leggings lately and you can actually put together some really cool outfits with them! Although, the reason I've been wearing them every day was to make my Bulgarian squat videos.

    The blogger's walking challenge sounds like fun! I tried to follow the link but it didn't open. Probably a sign I have enough to do as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's on Elisabeth's blog! I must have messed up the link somehow, sigh. https://optimisticmusings.com/ A few posts down from her amazing Barcelona recaps!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good solid Monday, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! The rest of the week won't be as smooth haha

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I love posts like this. Maybe because my work life is SO different. I'm a massage therapist so obviously working from home is not an option! I'm always fascinated by other people's WFH days, and how you integrate all the other activities (meals, childcare, etc.) Sounds like you have a good system going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do need to move more on my WFH days, but I get so stuck in my work and anxious around how it all crashes down with school pick up and activities and all that.

      Delete
  6. "I went and dramatically laid in my bed for a few minutes after an awkward email exchange." LOLOLOL. Towards the end of my time at my last job, I would regularly find myself curled up in a ball under my desk questioning my life choices. I suppose we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is something to walking away from an email or IM or meeting and just laying down that validates my soul, haha!

      Delete
  7. I have been known to lay down on my bed in the darkness after a meeting just to recuperate from being ON. I feel you!

    So glad you're doing this - I love getting a glimpse into how other people's day-to-day goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Sometimes, the day calls for a moment in bed to consider everything, haha!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?