friday rambles

One It’s a chop, but not a wild one! And, an explanation (which was more of a win, haha!)… I had gone to the same place to get my hair done for 10 years up until 2 years ago. When they dyed my hair, it would burn my scalp and I’d get a rash on my forehead and ears, but they said it was just because I was sensitive. Apparently, the dye was too intense chemically and impacted my curl pattern as well. SO, my stringy, knotty, gross ends were the damage from those years, while the hair above is healthier because of the better for me dye I get at the place I have now. I HAD 2 DIFFERENT CURL PATTERNS GOING ON ON THE SAME STRANDS OF HAIR?!?!?! No wonder it / I was a mess. My mind was blown! I told her to cut off all the damage and am so much happier with it. Though, it still doesn’t work for day 2 in office, so I guess my next adventure will be to see if my roots stay mostly bearable if I’m washing my hair 2-3 times midweek…


 

Two Next week is school vacation here. February Vacation isn’t our favorite from a pace / cadence of work perspective, so the Mr. and I split the week and try to make it fun for Lil Momma without being wildly extravagant or landing either of us in a work hole. I have the end of the week off with her and she’s asked for a day trip, so we may do a local girls’ shopping day and head to Plymouth for a historical walk, lunch, and a 5 Below spree and then up to Foxborough to visit the “big” Trader Joe’s… She’s also almost done with the 4th Harry Potter book (oh, the sadness that awaits her in these last few chapters), so we will also be marathoning the 3 movies she’s seen and then watching the 4th for her first time.

 

Three One of the coolest bloggers I know, Jenny, is running a FIFTY MILE race this weekend. FIFTY MILES?!?! The dedication she has to her training always astounds me and I’m going to be up here in snowy New England sending her all weather-of-her-choice vibes for a good race and an amazing experience this weekend. GO JENNY!! YOU’VE GOT THIS!!

 

We made it to the middle of February! Do you have a spring countdown going on? Or, are you loving the winter weather (whatever the winter may be where you are at)? 

Comments

  1. Oh, your hair looks great! What lovely curls you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicole! I'm learning to let them do their thing ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay for new hair! I'm going to give myself a shorter style in May/June before we go away to Italy. I feel like the Amalfi breeze would feel nice in shorter hair lol Look great, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so beautiful! I love having a new look for vacation - it feels even more exotic to be away and look a little different!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks fantastic!!!! And sounds like this is no longer an issue for you, but I ALSO get a reaction to hair dye... and my stylist started putting Sweet & Low into the dye when she mixed it around and it no longer burns/itches. So weird!!!

    You are the second person today who has mentioned a February break. I could see how that might be very nice in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I needed a change. I wish I knew how she discovered the Sweet & Low thing - that is so specific!!! Sigh, here in Massachusetts, we get a week at Christmas/New Year's, a week in February, and a week in April for school break. I would rather have a week in March or just April (especially from a childcare perspective), but Lil Momma is quite excited to have a week of what she calls "freedom and fun snacks and no math!" haha!

      Delete
  4. Love the haircut! Such gorgeous curls.
    I hate winter, but did go skiing yesterday and the conditions were fabulous so I'm a BIT less grumpy about the colder weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It felt very refreshing.... I need to pick up a winter outdoor activity - I think it would help me be less grumpy when it's so cold and snowy haha!

      Delete
  5. Wow! It looks so great! Did you feel like you weighed ten pounds less for the first three minutes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! What always gets me is when it touches my neck in a different place than I'm used to, haha!

      Delete
  6. Aw!!!! Thanks Lindsay! Although I'm obviously bummed at how my race turned out (sigh) I'm happy that you think I'm a cool blogger!!!
    I love your hair, and I think that would be perfect for my daughter. I think she may have something similar going on- she's dyed her hair so many times. I'm going to show her your photo and gently suggest that she consider it.
    We don't have February vacation, although the kids are off of school today (just today.). We have spring break later in March, where they're off for a week. I hope you enjoy the week! And yes- HP book 4 turns pretty dark. Your plans for shopping and watching the movies sounds so fun- I'm envious. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I dyed my hair so much when I was her age. I found keeping it shorter back then minimized the damage I did with the dye, haha! Today is our shopping day - LM is over the moon with energy; I may need another coffee to keep up!

      Delete
  7. I love your curls! I'm envious with anyone who has curls because my hair is 100% straight and if it gets too long I look like a hippie and the only thing I can do is to braid it (which I do for the gym) or put it up with a barrette or something like it. I used to dye my hair but started getting so itchy in the scalp while the dye was in and it was so scary (what if I lost my hair!!!) that I totally stopped doing it.

    Here we have lovely spring vibes and I'm loving it! I will never enjoy winter weather, ever. Unless it's south of Florida winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The curls have never looked the same one day to the next, but I kind of like the inconsistency of them! Oh, I love spring vibes! I can see my bulbs coming up and it was 50*ish for a few days, but it has since bounced back into the 20*s and 30*s, which seems very March-ish in my area, sigh haha!

      Delete
  8. Oh man, the burning/rash from hair dye is awful to think about! I have a sensitive scalp, too, but I've never experienced that so I'm glad you've moved on from that place. Oof. Your new hair is great! You have great curls.

    I live in Florida so I feel for people in the winter doldrums. I'm just concerned that it's been SUCH a mild winter for people up north. Happy for them but also terrified about climate change, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your hair always looks so "done" in pictures - I dream of that shine!!

      We were just talking about the mildness at breakfast today; it's wild to think about it compared to the winters of our youth (well, more scary than wild, tbh)...

      Delete
  9. Oh, my gosh, I LOVE your hair! It's gorgeous.
    And I hope that winter break went well. That's... really random. Really random. I would want a consolidated break, too (maybe 10 days around the spring holidays?).
    And also? I just now (sigh) saw your comment about apple pie for breakfast on your birthday, on Elisabeth's blog, and YES. I am here for that! Pie for breakfast is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

to chop or not to chop?