on track(ing)
In a season where baby steps and consistency are the name of the game, I’ve had trouble seeing wins because of everything I feel like I should be doing.
I should be doing all the strength workouts and moderate intensity cardio and protein and fiber and, and, and…
I should be done with this Estate and my house should be declutterred and read more and better and, and, and…
I should be making more intentional memories and traditions before Lil Momma goes off into the world in like 5 years and my own Estate planning and what do I want to do with my one wild and precious life and, and, and…
All of that in my head at all times AND how I very much know habits are built brick by brick and jumping ahead because of the noise in my head is why I crash and burn, alongside this darn “avoid/procrastinate if it can’t be perfect” vibe that’s more than a little exhausting.
I’ve been encouraged to try and lean into things that make me uncomfortable in this season of life, so I decided one “experiment” with that would be habit tracking, something I’ve failed at* for years and years.
*See above about avoidance and the cacophony in my head and my notebook hoarding because my handwriting is too messy to use them and why track if you can’t streak and, and, and…
I decided to lower my success metrics and try tracking a handful of what I call “basic personing” habits in September just to work through some of this resistance I feel in these spaces…
…and, it worked! It wasn’t perfect - no streaks here - and my handwriting is messy and probably a million other disclaimers, but I put this tracker next to my glasses holder on my bedside table and took a minute each night to just do the thing.
I also decided to start visually tracking my movement to see consistency instead of metrics which has been really helpful in accepting what I can and can’t do physically right now (although who knows if I’ll remember my emoji code if I look back in a few years, haha!):
September 2026
1🚶🏽♀️ 🐦⬛🐶+🌉
2
3
4
5🚶🏽♀️🌳 w/ 🐕🦺
6 🚶🏽♀️🌳 🦌
7 🚶🏽♀️🌳 + 🚶🏽♀️🌳🐕🦺
8
9
10 🚶🏽♀️🤖
11
12 🚶🏽♀️🌉🌳 (NH)
13
14 🚶🏽♀️🤖+ 🚶🏽♀️🤖
15 🚶🏽♀️🌳🐍
16 🚶🏽♀️🌳
17 🚶🏽♀️🤖
18 🚶🏽♀️🤖
19 🚶🏽♀️🌳🥾
20
21 🚶🏽♀️🤖 (Peloton streak day 1)**
22 👣 🙆🏻♀️
23 🚶🏽♀️🤖
24 🚶🏽♀️🤖
25 🙆🏻♀️
26 🚶🏽♀️🤖
27 💪🏻
28 🙆🏻♀️
29 🙆🏻♀️
30 💪🏻
Are you a track-er? Online or physical log? Or do you just do the thing and not need the record/accountability?
**I know I said “no streaks”, but I did have “complete a 100 day Peloton streak” on my personal 2026 bingo board and when we did family progress check there were 101 days left in the year so I’m apparently going for it…

I am such a tracker. I have a habit tracker journal I use (Koko and Lynn) and I document a lot of things on my blog. I honestly don't know how I got anything done in my life before I started holding myself accountable.
ReplyDeleteYour accountability buddy was my inspiration! I want to be the person who just naturally does these things but I’m just not and that’s ok.
DeleteI love this! Document the wins!
ReplyDeleteExactly! Small wins are still wins!
DeleteGood for you! Doing the thing(s)! Also yay on the Peloton (do we follow each other? If not, I'm NicoleBoyhouse, come find me!)
ReplyDeleteI track some things: my own Peloton streak, for example, DuoLingo and also all the books I read. But otherwise, I just do them. Whatever works, I say!
I’m AwkwardComeback on there. Your consistency on the bike is #goals! I’ve been on the Tread because it’s easier on my back, but hope to ride again after vacation when my back is more in play haha!
Delete