one year later

 One year ago today, I published my first post here. 

In retrospect, it seems wild that I started this space because I thought my life had calmed down enough to give me time to think and write and be creative. Oh, past Lindsay, little did you know!

It’s obviously been a hard year and a harder last few months, but I think my biggest lesson of it all that having something solely for me, a place to get back to writing, and wonderful friends out there in the interwebs who I get to chat with in the comments really was such a perfect gift for the year I got to live (the good and the oof).

In looking back on the year, it’s hard not to just see what I didn’t get done… But, there were also moments of joy and adventures and good bakes and watches and listens (at some point, I need to write about my Doctor Who 60th Annviersary Specials feelings!!), as well as parenting conundrums, Lil Momma mischief, and all the day to day stuff, too  

To stay in that vein, here are a few scenes from last weekend: 


A gingerbread waffle (inspired by Jenny!!), the annual CumberGrinch watch, a year of Italian, and a penguin of love (who has since lost a foot doing a faceplant in a windy rainstorm).

Here’s to another year or rambles and bakes and spilling tea and overly long comment responses! Thanks for reading along! 

Comments

  1. Hi Lindsay, received your package-thank you so much! Looking forward to getting to know your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I am so glad it arrived. So nice to officially meet you, Daria!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary Lindsay! Here's to another year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Isn't it crazy how we fit time in for blogging? It's such a lovely record of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a gift to have a place to write and reflect! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Happy blogiversary!

    Exactly what you say, blogging is the ultimate "me" time. Just a place to kick off your shoes and be yourself. Yes it can be easier during happy times, but even during the bad times it's helped me to have a place to go and just ramble at what's on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love a ramble-ish post that goes where it goes! That might be what I lean into for year 2 ;)

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh. What an exciting blog milestone <3 Love it, love hearing from you in this space, and wishing you a peace-filled Christmas and hopefully a relaxed 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your anniversary. Isn't it interesting how life throws us a curve ball and the thing you do (blogging) helps in a totally different way than you anticipated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tobia! And, you are so right - it helps me so much to write things out and see it from a different perspective vs. sitting in my big feelings, haha!

      Delete
  7. Really, one year already? That went fast! Happy Anniversary! I'm glad blogging helped you during this difficult year.
    I'm making gingerbread waffles again this weekend, but this time a more "normal" recipe for my kids. They'll definitely appreciate waffles without protein powder and oats.
    AND, I got your card!!! I got it the day after I posted a picture of the cards I received on Tuesday. I'm not sure you would want it on my blog anyway, since I notice you don't put photos of your family here. It was fun to see what you guys look like though, and the card is up on my wall in my card display- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for getting my card! (And, knowing my little family's real names, haha!) I appreciate you keeping Lil Momma hidden - Luke isn't a fan of her face being on the internet. I keep her off Instagram, too, since he's not on that. And, she gets to approve Facebook posts that involve her. It's a whole process, haha!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your blogging milestone! What a year you've had! I'm so glad you made time to share your thoughts here. I hear you when you speak about your site as just for you. I feel like for me, too, when I'm not getting enough time to write is when I'm not getting enough downtime for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! It's so true, right? When I don't have a moment in the week to put some thoughts down, that's probably when I need to think about where my time (and weeks) are going and find some pockets for myself. (Even when that is easier said than done!)

      Delete
  9. Happy blogaversary! So happy you decided to give this thing ago... it truly is a wonderful outlet with a great community, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! 1 year! I think I started following you when you started commenting on other peoples' blogs. I love finding new bloggers who just post about, well, *life*. Thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?