thoughts from making influencer soup

Rambling through a new recipe 


“I’m going to make this lemon chicken soup I saw on Instagram for dinner before we watch the movie.”


“I was not influenced! It looks right up our alley. It’ll be quick and easy.”


I hope this is edible. What a risk to take on a long weekend…


Oh the ingredients are listed separately for the chicken and then the soup - grrrr… I need so much more garlic that I thought


Oh my stars, do I own a covered pan? Will a pot cover work? A pan, a pot, a bowl… I hope this will be worth the dishes.


*shakes fist at sky because one piece of chicken is huge and took forever to cook*


There’s something so calming about softening onions and celery and garlic


THERE’S FIVE EGGS IN THIS?!?!


AND THEY’RE TEMPERED??


*calls for an assist because whisking while pouring hot broth is impossible*


“Yes, it’s what the recipe said! Leap of faith, Brian!!”


*silent doubts flicker*


*the soup thickens*


I wonder if he’ll try it first?


“I know, just the right amount of lemon! Who knew?” 


*mental victory dance*







Comments

  1. Ha! So relatable. It looks delicious. I have one that is quite similar with rice and lime...but no eggs. They'd thicken it beautifully, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did - like magic! Always nice when a recipe risk turns out!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I hope it turned out ok - sounds like it though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?