Wild Takes Wednesday

 This week is not weeking that way I had hoped to week, but I’m seeing this as a way to get some of the noise out of my head!

 

One I don’t love cake. There. I said it. I DON’T LOVE CAKE! It’s too sweet and frosting is mushy and there’s nothing to crunch on. Please don’t tell Lil Momma.

 

Two I love a walk in the cold, crisp air. It’s bracing and I need to be braced sometimes! It takes my breath away and opens my eyes and makes me feel so present.


Three The rebellious joy I get from DNF-ing books that aren’t serving me is one of the highlights of my year. Not forcing myself to finish (after a lifetime of trudging through books just to finish them) has reignited my love of reading.

 

Four Sometimes when I’m running errands, I buy myself a little snack and sit in my car in the parking lot and read blogs and listen to my favorite songs and those are some of the times I feel most like myself.

 

Five In high school, we used to go to a diner and I would get tea(unlimited refills), extra thick cinnamon toast, and extra crispy french fries and to this day that is my comfort meal.

 

Do you have any wild takes this week? What is your comfort meal?

Comments

  1. I don't care for most things chocolate. Chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, a pure chocolate candy bar? Eh. I don't need those in my life. I mostly like cake because frosting is delicious, but I'll take a cookie, muffin, or pie over cake any day.

    Hmmmm...do I have any wild takes? I don't understand how people find the time to watch television and movies or why they do so when there are a billion other more fun things to do. Is that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comfort meal sounds amazing, and I love your car snack-and-blog retreat. I don't really like cake either... at least, not unless it meets very specific criteria.

    My wildest take is that I don't like chocolate. My MIL, who is an absolute chocoholic, cannot comprehend this and forgets it to this day even though she has known more for two+ decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not agree on the cake thing. Cake will be. the death of me. But most definitely agree on the walk in cold crisp air. Such a bliss.
    My hot take of the week... I can live without coffee in the morning but mornings with coffee are much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have your cake (only certain kinds, though) and #4. Amen on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No cake. Crisp, pie, muffin, heck a cookie or a brownie. Cake, no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have your cake (depends on the cake though - German pound cakes are dry and not-so-sweet and I love that). I also love that you sometimes buy a little snack, sit in the car in the parking lot and read blogs. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cake! I will eat all your cake for you.
    Okay - I often have alone time in my car too. Often when I get home from work, I will just sit in my car and scroll or read or listen to audiobooks. Or just take a nap. I know when I go into the house things will be chaotic, so I just want a few more minutes of quiet in my car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?