seen by a search

School vacation week is wild, haha! The Mr and I “divided and conquered” (although, I think Lil Momma is the one winning!) and I’m picking up after his early week bowling, roller skating, and friends at the arcade activities for a couple of girls shopping and hang out days! 

Recently on social media, I saw this “trend” where people are directed to search for specific terms on Pinterest and share what the first results are as a kind of algorithm-based self-assessment. Now, I only Pinterest in times of need (the night before a hair appointment, a quote emergency, birthday bake ideas, etc.), but I had to try it and see what I got back:


It’s wild, right? I feel eerily seen and intrigued by what “patterns” pop up from what and how and when I search for things (but, also slightly weirded out by that). 

Did you see or do this trend? Did it get you or was it wildly off?

Comments

  1. Hahaha, that's some wild stuff! I love the hair - is that Emmy Rossum?
    I hadn't heard of that trend. But I'm always out of the loop on social media!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Emmy Rossum! I always forget she has curls, haha. I'm so not with the times.

      Delete
  2. I tried it! It was intriguing.. Kate Moss?? Cowboy boots?? What? lastly, a picture of a coffee mug, books, and a journal- Pinterest gets me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it did see you in the end! Mugs, books, and a journal sound like a dream!!

      Delete
  3. This is fun! It is quite scary how well The Algorithm knows us, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the other side of it, right? I read a Substack about The Algorithm and what you get shown (and what you don't) recently and it is HAUNTING me, oof.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen that trend, but that's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I haven't seen that trend. I like the quote you got. I use Pinterest so seldom, I doubt it would do much for me- but I'll try it anyway- could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally only use it in random moments of need, which probably explains my random results haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?