friday finds

 Some recent purchases from around my carts!

 

Milani Color Fetish Lip Stain – 160 Bitten Berry

Lil Momma’s newest YouTube obsession is makeup tutorials. She only watches them with me, so I’ve done some deep diving on finding some creators who do natural looks, are tween appropriate for us, and also focus on skincare. The bonus for me is that I’ve been discovering some new products from all my “research”, haha! This lip stain makes such a difference for video calls on my work from home days when I don’t do my “in-office fancy routine”. After brushing my teeth, I put it on, let it sit for a minute, and then wipe it off. With a swipe of a lip moisturizer, I’ve staved off pale lips for the day. Who knew?




 

AZMED Plantar Fasciitis Night Splits

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned, I’ve been having some ridiculous calf problems. First, I hurt my left calf going a bit too fast on a run a couple of weeks ago. I let it rest and did all my stretches and all that only to set off plantar fasciitis in my right foot earlier this week by trying to get my 7,000 steps in 3 days in a row. Oof, I feel so freaking fragile and I hate it. After a bunch of Googling, I am going to incorporate some ankle, foot, calf mobility into my weekly movement AND try out these night splints for a month. My calves are so tight when I wake up and I’m pretty sure it’s because I point my toes in my sleep. I’m hoping these help stop that and stretch my arch so I can get back to my running program (and even walking at this point, sigh).

 

Gorilla Grip Extra Thick Kneeling Pad

My knees are not made for kneeling. For the 10 years I did a Crossfit-esque bootcamp, I could never do kneeling exercises because I would be hobbled for days. As I ease back into a strength workout routine a few times a week, I thought I’d try this pad to see if I could build some tolerance for kneeling and the like. We’ll see if it helps!

 

Bubly Strawberry Sunset

Technically, the Mr. bought this for me, haha! I was complaining that I didn’t have any “fancy” drinks to look forward to after harder work days or weekend hikes and such, so he went out and found me a fun seltzer that I only have in those specific moments. It’s fruity and bubbly (haha) and LM and I drink it from fun glasses, which is such a lovely capper to some days!

 

How about you? Any recent find (small or big) making your days?!

Comments

  1. You had me at the new flavour of sparkling water (she types as she sips her old faithful of pink grapefruit...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have never tried grapefruit! I am such a stickler for my faves, too!

      Delete
  2. I have not had that strawberry sunset, but I did just buy a box of coconut pineapple, which I am SO excited about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, LM would LOVE that! She enjoys a tropical vibe ;)

      Delete
  3. I really hope these night splits will help with your calf issues. How annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, the splints were a fail. But I got so many great suggestions in the comments! And, I am lucky I have the Peloton bike and can jump in that for the meantime; so glad for low impact rides!!

      Delete
  4. Ugh I can empathize with the plantar fasciitis. So frustrating! I hope the splint helps. For what it's worth (probably nothing, as it seems like everyone's journey with pf is highly individual), I had a lot of luck stretching my feet with a bathrobe belt before bed, doing calf raises every night while I brushed my teeth, and wearing shoes at all times. I hope your splint is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Splint fail, sigh. But, I see multiple recommendations about wearing shoes all the time that I am jumping on; these work from home days must be killing my poor feet. And, I found some exercises online that suggest calf raises and all that, so I am taking your habit to heart! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. PF is the worst!! It has taken me years to figure out what works for me and if I so much as deviate from one thing, I'm waking up in the middle of the night with calf cramps. I second Suzanne's wearing shoes all the time. Barefoot = recipe for disaster for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to commit to just doing some personal maintenance exercises and habits daily. I keep ending up in this cycle of dropping everything when I feel ok and then ending up back at the start, sigh. But, a great excuse to order "house" shoes, haha!

      Delete
  6. Not to be too dramatic, but if you point your toes while you sleep, you are DOOMED! Anything to get you out of that habit will be a good thing- so I bet those night splints will help.
    I haven't tried that flavor, but I've been drinking all sorts of summery flavors of sparkling water and loving them. My husband just returned from the store with the Polar brand of ginger lime. I'm a little scared, but willing to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep telling my nutritionist that I want to get some really fun glasses to drink my sparkling water. I think it would just make things feel really fun and delightful!

    I was dealing with terrible PF for a long time, but it's gone away and I have no idea what I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, sparkling water! I am an outlier and love generic sparkling water - the Good & Gather brand, from Target, is particularly good! AND! They have CAFFEINATED seltzer, which has been great for kind of sort of weaning me off of so much Diet Coke. Yay, me. ;)

    I've seen the ultimate outcome of the PF vs. not PF debate so will just say that I'm sorry you're dealing with foot issues (and now a boot, boo) and hope that they resolve soon. Foot pain is the worst. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

to chop or not to chop?

friday rambles