dare of the week #3 and life bullets

 What a week! I don’t even know how to process a lot of it, so the high-level run of it is: 


  • last Tuesday, the Doctor said I could take the walking boot off (yay!) but I had to buy all new “bouncy” sneakers (New Balance 1080 and Brooks Ghost Pro Max), inserts, and Oofos (boo for my wallet…) and needed to take it slow for a couple of weeks (less than 5K steps a day)… so glad to be more mobile, but this is all going to take some work to get where I want to be.

  • last Wednesday, we had a huge organizational change at work and there will be more to come as they figure out what it means for my little team and the larger team I’m part of. I don’t deal well with this sort of uncertainty, the amount of feelings, nor not knowing what will happen to my projects and people, so it’s an ongoing oof…

  • last weekend was Lil Momma’s Dance Nationals, so she and I stayed up at the hotel where it was held and it was pretty much 48 straight hours of dance and people and small talk and loud music and more people. She did so well and had so much fun, but we are pretty much running on fumes after getting home at 10pm last night.

 



I’m doing my best to stay on track (or find a track to stay on, though), so here’s to my micro-challenges giving me some things I can work on/towards again this week:

 

Dare #2 Recap: My goal to drink a “Big Green” of water a day worked really well (well, until I forgot to bring Big Green to dance nationals weekend, sigh). Definitely going to keep this up and hopefully my body will get used to the hydration because it was a lot of quick bathroom stops with all that liquid going into me haha!

 

And, without further ado, this week’s dare is to put in some mobility minutes most days!

When I got out of the walking boot, the podiatrist refused to give me a PT referral, which was a bummer. I can tell my ankle has lost range of motion AND I want to make sure this never happens again. On top of that, I’ve been so limited by the walking boot that I feel super stiff in my lower back and hips (oof to tying those new sneakers I had to buy). So, in the spirit of micro-challenges, I figured any mobility focused activities I do (ankle exercises, spinal or hip mobility Peloton videos, etc.) can only add value while I am easing back into movement.

 

I’m not a streaker, so “most” days may feel a little loosey goosey, but I’ll pay the price for that in next week’s recap vs. feeling more stress from added expectations.k

 

Hope you had a good weekend and start to the week!

 

Comments

  1. No PT?? That seems odd. But yay for no more boot and I hope you can get some good mobility minutes in there. I used to cue my ladies to circle their ankles while lying on their backs with a knee into the chest. Just gentle circles, and then pointing and flexing the toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, why can't you have PT? You need it! Well... you can do it on your own. Your mobility challenge is a good one. And looking on the bright side, you have a lot of great shoes now!
    That dance weekend does sound exhausting! But congrats to Lil Momma, and congrats to you for making it through the weekend. Hope things at work calm down soon... if that's possible right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you celebratory throw the boot in a dumpster? It was my biggest pleasure when I got rid of my own walking boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, that sucks that you didn't get a PT referral. If I'm being honest, I did PT for one of the times I broke my ankle and I think it would have been more useful to look up YouTube tutorials, lol. So hopefully YT can come in clutch for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boot is off, yay! The podiatrist is kind of strange... I wonder what his rationale was for not giving you a referral. YouTube it is!
    Congrats to LM for the nationals! The days you describe just make me want to crawl into a hole- I am such an introvert freak lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you ditched the boot! Woo hoo! Would your primary put in a PT referral? I know I am Late To The Party, but seems reasonable to me. Just a thought. How do you like the 1080s? I am considering them for my next squishy shoe. Currently using Saucony Rides, which I really like, too, just fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

to chop or not to chop?

friday rambles