Monday Musings 10.14.24

We took a day trip to Mystic, CT on Saturday. After some aquarium fun (I love the penguins), we wandered around Olde Mystik Village for some shopping and snacks and ended up in an artisan honey tasting room (words I’ve never put together before, haha!). Lil Momma had a whole moment when trying some of the “hotter” ones and I was able to find a few to buy and try out at home: lemon honey, ginger honey, and salted caramel honey. We are trying the ginger tonight as part of a stir fry!



My arch/ankle saga has gotten a bit worse, sigh. The PT is definitely helping “raise” my fallen arches, but has also identified that I stand on the outer edges of my feet (no wonder balance is hard for me) so we are doing lots of work on that, too. The new challenge, though, is that I seem to have torn/strained my right peroneal tendon and have a ton of swelling in that ankle, which is also stiff any creaky. I’m off to an orthopedist who specializes in feet in a week or so, so hopefully I can get back to walking comfortably soon. It’s wild that this has been an ongoing issue since May, but I’m trying to have a better attitude about it. 


I am finally admitting I had a calendar fail. I loved the idea of a seasonal calendar I heard about on the Lazy Genius Podcast, but got sold on all this washi tape and color coding so now we can’t see what time any of the well-color coded activities are at. (A true problem in this season where LM has activities 7 days a week through Thanksgiving, sigh.) The Mr and I have a house catch up day off tomorrow, so one of my to-dos is to pull all the tape off and try again. 


Ever get sold on a time management save that wasn’t the save you needed? 


Have you heard of a honey tasting room? They also had vinegars and olive oils to taste (but we had had fun donuts and lunch by then so those seemed like a no-thank-you, haha!)… 

Comments

  1. If my youngest stepson knew that there was such a thing as a honey tasting room, he would be all over it. It doesn't seem like we have any near here, but I'll try to remember to check the next time that we travel.

    Boo to the foot saga. I hope that the orthopedist has the answer.

    I did get lured into the world of digital planners earlier this year, but then we got a puppy so basically my daily plan became to fit in life around the puppy. I came to the conclusion that this is the wrong phase of life to try to be super organized for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. How frustrating :(

    I have never heard of a honey tasting room!! I feel like those likely aren't very common?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know that peroneal tendon! I've had problems with it in the past as well. I hope the orthopedist can help. For what it's worth.... I had an ongoing issue in my left foot for a YEAR, and I finally went to a podiatrist (I had been to other doctors who hadn't been able to help.) Going to someone who actually specializes in FEET made all the difference. He did shockwave therapy but also I got custom made orthotics, which are what I think really fixed the problem. Anyway, I hope you get some relief soon. This has been going on far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artisan honey tasting! That sounds so fun! Although I feel like I would have a hard time differentiating the honey flavors from one another. I hope your stir fry experiment is a success.

    So sorry to hear about the ongoing foot troubles. Those STINK. I hope the orthopedist has a swift solution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

to chop or not to chop?

friday rambles