what I’m… #1

A weekly-ish round up of what I’m…

Watching. I started The Afterparty on Apple TV  (as part of my ongoing self reminder to use Apple TV because I’m paying for it after desperation purchasing a subscription from the treadmill to watch the Billie Eilish doc). I love a murder mystery with a sense of humor - and Ben Schwartz - so this is right up my alley. 


Reading. I’m reading Anna McNuff’s memoir Barefoot in Britain about how she ran the length of Britain barefoot (duh, Lindsay). Her books get me right in the inspiration / motivation - they’re comfy like talking to a friend, but also authentic and vulnerable as she tells the ups and downs of these physical feats.+


Listening (to):  My family only listens to holiday music* once November hits and it’s driving me batty. When I’m alone in the car, it’s all podcasts or silence to balance my poor brain. 


+up next is Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr, which I’m reading simultaneously with a friend 


*it’s not that I’m a Grinch**, it’s just a lot of Christmas music and it’s all the time and they started with it in November. 


**Oh my, I’m the Grinch of my family  

Comments

  1. Oh man, Christmas music overload is real for me. Growing up, we couldn't start until into December, I think? I remember hating this as a kid (I wanted to listen to Christmas 365 days a year), but as a parent I can now appreciate that the magic endures for me better if I listen sparingly and not starting until late November). Even then, I need to mix things up and listen to new renditions of songs etc, or it can feel...forced?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the magic of the season - but, I need it to be A season vs. constant or it all just fades in impact for me. I think it comes from being an only child and having these quiet holidays as the only child staying with family who were more likely to keep world news on and music/movies off. I didn't see many holiday movies of my generation until I found my guy (who thankfully brings a lot of fun to the table for me and ourdaughter)!

      PS: Your my first comment ever and it made my day! Thanks for helping me ease into being a blogger vs. a lurker. I love your writing!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! Thanks for your encouragement through the year and I'm so glad you've started a blog. Hurrah <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - I am definitely a Christmas music Grinch as well. No Christmas music until December!!! I think I have rubbed off on my daughter, though... whoops! And now I need to look into The Afterparty! Sounds like something I'd enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one and a half episodes in and really enjoying the time jumpish vibe of it (so far)!

      Delete
  4. Cloud Cuckoo Land was one of our book club books last year and we had a great discussion about it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?