Little Friday Joys

 5 small things bringing me joy this Friday!


  1. Love notes from Lil Momma. My guy and I aren't the biggest Valentine's Day people (actually, years ago he asked me to choose between Valentine's and our anniversary as the day to celebrate us and I chose our anniversary since it was more personally meaningful*), but my girl loves, loves, LOVES love and telling people she cares. Each February, I do that Pinterest-inspired thing of sticking heart notes on her bedroom door each night with reasons that we love her**. Today, I walked into my office and found these on the door. OH MY HEART! She made my day.




  2. Tea and toast. I had taken yesterday off to hopefully navigate the worst of this virus and, for lunch, LM and my guy brought me up sourdough toast with butter and cinnamon sugar*** done by LM and a cup of my current favorite tea at just the perfect temperature to sip. It was the perfect meal moment and made me feel oh so much better.

  3. Virtual school assignments. This one isn't so small - but, having LM's teacher be able to post math and writing assignments for her has helped keep her mind occupied, especially since I am isolated on the 2nd floor of our house and physically divided parents usually lead her to trying to get away with stuff. She may whine her way through them (and I may have whined through explaining common denominators), but it's been a good distraction and will make going back to school on Monday so much easier.

  4. The cool side of the pillow. There is nothing better, right? Sleep has been a challenge the last few weeks, especially this week, but flipping my pillow over never fails to give me a moment of relaxation and happiness. 

  5. Dessert First Friday. We have dessert before dinner tonight! It's truly the best way to celebrate a long week (and my appetite is coming back so I bet I can have a bit of something, too)! LM has been talking about it for days, so I bet her cookies and cream chocolate cupcake from the bakery case at our local supermarket will taste extra special!

* This may sound a little cold, but he is just a truly practical person

** I have them all saved in an album for when she gets older

***Fun fact: In high school and college, we used to go to this diner to hang out (small town fun) and my regular order was a pot of tea, extra thick cinnamon toast, and extra crunchy french fries - truly one of my top 5 meals.

Comments

  1. I have JUST introduced my kids to cinnamon sugar on butter toast this month and they are huge fans (especially my daughter).
    I love this love notes idea in February. How sweet! And I love that LM reciprocated.

    Hope you continue to feel better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girl just tried it recently and it’s a new favorite when we go out for brinner!

      Delete
  2. My mom has always eaten dessert first - she always said she did it because if there's a fire she wants to make sure she's had the best part of the meal. Ha! I hope you feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s so true! I used to tell my girl “last bite, best bite” because she’d eat what she loved and then be stuck with a plate of her lesser favored food, but life’s too short in so many ways haha!

      Delete
  3. Cinnamon toast!! I love cinnamon toast and haven't had it in forever.
    This is so sweet! I like to make a heart-shaped cake and cookies for Valentines', but I lean heavily into the "Galentines" day and like to celebrate my women friends on Feb 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love a Galentines celebration! I always send appreciation messages to all my gals!

      Delete
  4. Ha, I would get along well with your husband- I'm not really into Valentine's Day either (but I like how he gave you a choice.) That tea and toast sounds delicious (just out of curiosity what is your favorite tea right now?) and virtual school assignments are one of the best things to come out of Covid. The kids have something to keep them occupied and they won't get behind. Hope you're all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?