hard times and hope

 

Things went downhill for my poor mom last week; a fall put her back in the hospital and then COVID came into play on her already fragile system. It’s been a weekend of hard decisions, more phone conversations than I usually make in a month (so many of her friends only have landlines), and bouncing between holding her hand while I can and coming home to help Lil Momma navigate this transition. 

Sitting on my deck and looking at the trees and leaves and stars, I know this is just a moment, a season, and one you have to get through to get through. 

Comments and posts may be quiet for a bit - but, having the plethora of #NaBloPoMo posts has been a gift in the quiet moments. I’m out here reading and grateful for the reads. 

Stay well and talk soon ❤️

Comments

  1. Gosh, Lindsay - it sounds so so so hard. I hope you find times of calm and moments to breathe. I'm sure you are doing the best that you can for everyone even when things feel like a constant struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindsay. I wish I could pop over with a warm beverage and a give you a LONG HUG. Sending you love from afar. This is so hard, but I'm glad you're finding little moments of joy in the middle of this long, dark valley. Sending wishes for healing for your mom, wisdom for you as you continue to make difficult choices, and opportunity for you to rest...somehow...in the middle of this life storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to read this. It is a hard time. And you will make it through. But being in the middle of the storm is such a hard place to be. Sending thoughts to you and your mom. I hope the healers have been helpers. She has the best advocate on her side - you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts and prayers to your mom and to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having an ailing parent is very hard. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is tough. I am sorry. It is hard but I hope recovery will be fast and worry will ease.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for such kind words <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay, I am hopelessly behind and just catching up on blogs (after NaBloPoMo)... I am sorry to hear about your mom and these hard times. I am sure I will learn more as I catch up - for now, I am sending a hug.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?