friday rambles

 Lil Momma has a solo verse in her musical theater school’s holiday concert (followed by a few lines of a duet). Although she was THRILLED when chosen for this, she has been freaking out about it this week and we are at the point where we don’t know if I am going to be able to get her out of the car for the rehearsal tonight, much less to the actual concert tomorrow, sigh. I know it’s such a good life lesson for her (and have a feeling – or a hope! – that she will rally and really enjoy the moment she’s wanted for a few years), but it’s hard to navigate the big feelings when we already have so many big feelings in the house.

Random Bella pic to fit the vibe!

My tea advent calendar got me all messed up this week, so the next set of reviews will come next week! After the 7 different teas I opened the first week of the month, the next 2 teas were repeats (which made me think the rest were repeats)… Turns out, it’s just a mixed bag (haha) of flavors with some repeats (and it’s a puzzle on multiple sides of each box, so I am opening them in a “random” order). My challenge this week has been that I was in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I don’t want to mess up my sleep further by having caffeinated tea when I get home. But, I’m excited to try a couple each day this weekend and catch up!

 

Earlier this fall, Luke and I had talked about replacing my basement treadmill. I treadmill every single day and love having that option, though I hope to walk outside more at some point. I’ve had it for 7 years and it is both off in how it measures miles per hour and sounds like it is making an extreme effort when doing inclines (which does not do much for my self-esteem haha!). I have been hesitant to replace it because I know it’s partially my fault it’s not in pristine condition; I struggle enough keeping the upstairs of my house dusted and clean, much less my basement workout area. Then, though, one of my mom friends had me try out her Peloton Tread one night when the girls were at dance and I totally got sold, SIGH. I’m not usually one to shop my feelings or make ostentatious purchases, but these are not normal times and there was an end of the year sale I couldn’t resist. So, next Wednesday, Theodore “Tread” Logan will be arriving (yes, I named it) as a belated birthday / early Christmas / this year has been really hard present. I’m super excited, but also committing to cleaning the workout area once a week to take better care of it.

 

Any rambles from the week? Looking forward to the weekend?

Comments

  1. Tea advent calendar sounds wonderful! And your puppy, so cute! Today I took a should-less day. I had my annual physical in the morning, but then took myself to a cafe then went to a Korean spa. If you don’t have health, you don’t have anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Daria from momofchildren

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Daria! And, Bella appreciates that - she's a stately 10 years old, but she is pretty cute with that underbite and dramatic flops. Oh, I love a shouldless day and I love even more that you did something for yourself AND your health - that is such an important balance!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh congrats on the new tready!!! You know that the old one is starting to go south and it's something that you use a lot so you SHOULD have a better one to rely on. Bonus points for getting the really nice one since you have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so nice to not feel like it is going to crash down from an incline, even though I do feel wildly extravagant. But, we have a plan to track cost per use, so that might make me feel a little more comfortable about it, haha!

      Delete
  3. How exciting! A Tread. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Here's hoping we can get it smoothly into the basement!

      Delete
  4. Oooh a Peloton tread! If I ever get a treadmill that is what I will get because as you probably know I love my Peloton bike. They just have such great programming! And it's so varied and there is always something new and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my bike, too! But, I've had such hip issues this year, I needed something else I can do cardio on when the bike is too uncomfortable. I love the tread classes, too! The hikes are so fun and I can't wait to try a bootcamp!

      Delete
  5. You're getting a Peloton tread. OMG! When can I come over to your house?? (YAY!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find yourself in southeastern MA, you have an open invitation!!

      Delete
  6. Hooray for a new treadmill! It sounds like a very important part of your routine. I hope your kiddo's performance goes wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I can't wait to hear all about the new tread!!! That's exciting. And good luck to Lil Momma... and you. Now I can't wait to hear about what happens... I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did so well <3 she's had a hard couple of weeks, so we're so proud she found a way to both feel her feels and not let this opportunity pass.

      Delete
  8. Tracking cost per use will be very satisfying, I suspect. As will having a treadmill that doesn't signal it may die during your workout. :) (I saw from your reply to Jenny that Lil M did well at her performance... so glad to see that. <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! We finally got the video of the performance so she's excited to watch her song for herself, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?