two teas and a ramble or two

What a week, what a week… I have been seeing all these memes about the audacity of people still sending emails and work tasks when it’s basically the limbo that is Christmas week into New Year’s and I feel like life doubled down to make it super real to me!  

Work has been oof the past few days as I found out me (and a bunch of us) are losing our assigned workspaces in the office and need to be cleaned out by mid-January. I always knew it was a possibility, but such a bummer to hear about this of all weeks (and with no warning / appeal) (and right before my 10 days off) and have to communicate to 30+ unsuspecting folks I sit nearby. I mean, I have no intention of going in 4 days a week just to ensure I can be assigned a desk again, but it’s hard to deal with change when there’s no good reason. This all may be my hatred of packing, too, haha! There are worse things, but airing a small grievance felt right?


Random penguin to transition into holiday topics, haha!

 

We are entering what Lil Momma is calling BAKING EVERYTHING WEEKEND, so expect a round up at some point next week-ish. So far on the list we have:

  • cinnamon rolls

  • sugar cookies for Lil Momma and Santa with buttercream decorations (Lil Momma is not a fan of Royal Icing)

  • peanut butter cookies for Luke

  • chocolate & potato chip cookies for me

  • whatchamacallit” – this will be Lil Momma’s solo made dessert; it’s a peppermint icebox cake my mom and her sister’s used to make

  • Tunis cake inspired by Mary Berry

  • Norwegian sand cookies 

 

Our weekend will be filled with baking and wrapping and movies (and feelings, for sure) which seems to be the perfect balance for this specific holiday.

 

A couple of additional advent tea reviews as I make my way through the repeats!

 

Gingerbread Treat“organic black tea with cinnamon, ginger, apple, and cardamom” I loved this! It was warm and spicy and hit all the right notes. I would definitely buy a box of this.

Peppermint Candy: “organic peppermint herbal tea and green tea with orange, cinnamon, roasted chicory, and vanilla”I did not think I’d like this by looking at the mix of ingredients (mint and orange and cinnamon?!) but it was really good! I appreciated the vanilla rounding it out and how balanced the peppermint flavor was. I would try it again!

 

 

Wishing you and yours a warm and wonderful winter holiday that you celebrate and I hope to duck back in with a winter break update next week!

 

Comments

  1. That is a LOT of baking. How fun and festive.

    Bummer about the workspace, though. Ugh, and announcing this so close to Christmas. Giant sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps TOO much baking? Perhaps SO much baking that it bumped my no-goals-goals post until next week? Sigh, it was a good distraction, but oh so much work, haha!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Lindsay! I hope you guys are having a really nice day. Wow, that's a lot of baking- I want to see photos of everything! We had cinnamon rolls this morning, and decorated sugar cookies yesterday. Now I'm having a relaxing day, which is just what I need after the chaotic week. Oh and those teas sound really good- next year I need a tea advent calendar (and a puzzle one, like Birchwood has.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you had the best relaxing day - you've earned it! I, too, am thinking of both a tea advent AND a puzzle one for next year; Birchie's looked so cool!

      Delete
  3. Hey Lindsay, my friend Barb gifted me a ginormous selection of teas called "a library of tea" - an apt name! So I immediately thought of you. God bless you for liking baking, I personally hate it, and I only hate it more if I do it with my kids :(
    Your workplace... I swear sometimes I feel companies just get together and say "how can we spoil this holiday for our people?'" This sounds like a situation you are dealing with. Sorry for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "library of tea" sounds SO COOL! You'll have to let me know how the flavors are. Baking with kids takes a specific type of patience, I think, and I definitely have to be in the right mindspace. We had a 10 minute "discussion" over how a 1/4 teaSPOON is different than 1/4 CUP that almost did me in HAHA!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, what tea brand is this? These flavors sound (generally) excellent! Also, totally agree with LM on the icing. Royal icing tastes like plastic to me. :) Also, potato chip cookies? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the English Tea Shop advent calendar! I was thinking of buying another one to get some extras of my favorites, but was voted down by my little family to keep it special for the holidays, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?