week in the life: wed april 3



 Another in-office day, with a crash on the couch at the end.

6:24 Wake up thinking I missed my alarm (set for 6:45); Lil Momma rolls over and hits me with a stuffed animal; email myself with a random to-do list.

 

6:45 Wake LM up; head into the bathroom to deodorize, moisturize, and spray down my curls (fingers crossed for day 2 hair!); get dressed (jeans today because fancy tomorrow!).

 

7:05 Head downstairs for the usual (coffee, smoothie, chat with the Mr.); decide to forgo making lunch because I am my own worst saboteur. The Mr. tells me all about darts last night (they got moved up a level this season and are just getting killed every match, sigh).

 

7:37 Warm up my car; head upstairs to brush my teeth, put on some eyeshadow, fluff my curls, and remember jewelry.

 

7:52 Say goodbye and head out to my car.



8:29 Park in the garage; put on some lip-gloss and head in (my pale lips have been a “thing” for me lately, sigh).



 

8:36 Get to my desk. My team is coming in late today, so I leave them IM hellos and prep for my 9:30 about a plan to plan planning.

 

9:24 Run to the bathroom for a last minute hair and pale lip check (regret not grabbing something to drink).

 

9:30 Meet with my SVP and end up getting him to download Duolingo for an upcoming trip. Get work done, too.

 

10:00 Instead of getting something to drink, go back to “my” desk and write down every single thought I have in my head about this plan-to-be. 

 

10:30 Finally go get a drink and take an emotional lap. 

 

11:00 Meet with one of my direct reports and tangent from task to campaign to life to conspiracy theories.

 

12:00 Remember I have a 12:30 and run to get lunch. Get icked out by the crowd in the café and go to get a Brown Sugar Pop Tart instead. There are none. Settle for a Fig Newton.

 

12:30 Staff meeting!

 

1:00 Grab a post-Staff Reese’s and a seltzer; dive into comparing some workforce data with some survey results

 

1:52 Realize I booked the room for my 2pm wrong and change it to a Lounge no one uses. 

 

2:00 Prepare for an emotional intelligence workshop I am co-facilitating tomorrow; trash talk a little. 

 

2:35 Back at my desk to write all the things amongst all the random interruptions from people in-office. 

 

3:50 Take a quick clear my head break before I head home and scroll some blogs!

 

4:00 Head home (for real this time!)


 

4:42 Walk in and change into workout clothes. Do a walk/run with Kristen Ferguson  before the Mr. gets home from dropping LM her back to back voice lesson and musical theater class. Realize I may need a more structured walk/run plan. Immediately forget that realization. 

 

5:30 Rinse off, lotion, and get into my pajamas. Head down to hang with the Mr. while he makes dinner (beef and broccoli bowls which I agreed to try this week). 

 

6:50 The Mr. heads out to get LM from class. Curl up on the couch and do my Duolingo and then read (and space out a little). 

 

7:35 Catch up with LM about her day. Watch a Taskmaster as a family. 


 

8:20 Send her up to Wordle, Duo, read, and get ready for bed. The Mr. and I watch a CSI: Miami that is so old they have to explain what WiFi is. 

 

9:00 Head up to get LM in bed and chill while the Mr. takes out Bella and does MORE Duo.

 

9:40 More CSI: Miami while we catch up during the commercials. 

 

10:30 Crash because I have to leave early in the am to catch my thoughts before the workshop 

 

Wednesdays are so hard! I think it’s the day-after-darts, messy routine, in-office slog. 

Comments

  1. Is that Mark Manson's book you're listening to? I like him!
    Wednesdays are my days off, so I actually love them. Thursdays are my hardest days (oh, that's today. Sigh.) I hope your workshop is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a podcast that talked about Manson's approach to researching the book - wild stuff, haha! The workshop went so well - it is such an experience to be doing in-person classes again after almost 5 years of not (and after 10 years of that being ALL I did)!

      Delete
  2. Aw yiss I love If Books Could Kill! Though I get confused hearing Mike's voice without Aubrey.

    I'm a member of the Pale Lip club as well;-) I just can't find a product that I like or can remember to reapply.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a Mike stan. I need to diversify my listening, but I just need him in my regular rotation. (But, I do miss Aubrey - especially her laugh! - on the other podcasts!) I've been using a lip oil from ELF which holds up pretty well but doesn't make me feel like a clown!!

      Delete
  3. I'm still requesting Taskmaster details! What specifically are you watching? Enquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just responded! Series 11! Which are your favorites? LM and I have very different top 3s hahaha

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I laughed at this: The Mr. and I watch a CSI: Miami that is so old they have to explain what WiFi is.

    It's amazing how quickly the world has changed, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really are enjoying see how wildly technology has changed since the early 2000s (even if it is slightly scary to think about - yikes)!

      Delete
  5. Such a busy day - I'm impressed how quickly you get out the door in the mornings. I haven't had to do that in so long that I forget that I used to have to do that too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?