five for a Friday

Sometimes you just gotta jump back into things, right?

Here’re 5 things from this past week:

1. Maysie finished up a “party tricks” training class. I say “finished up” and not “graduated” (even though she did graduate) because she is way too far into her 2nd year of puppy-hood wildness to really pick up many of the tricks. She’s stubborn like the rest of us, haha! 


2. Lil Momma turned 13 last week and then started 8th grade this week. I don’t even know how to process it. She’s as tall as me? She sleeps in on the weekends?? 2 days of school followed by a 4 day weekend seem like the best way to ease into this last year of middle school. 


3. I’ve been on a vision journey where, after 6 months of dealing with it, I finally went to the eye doctor to figure out why my vision is super blurry at night on the days I work from home  (I haven’t been able to read books! Or recipes! It’s been so not fun.) As someone who wears progressive (tri-focal) glasses because I am both far- and near-sighted, I thought my eyes were just failing more. Turns out, my work from home monitor was giving me eye strain AND I needed a stronger reading (within 2 feet of my eyes) prescription. Now, I’m wearing contacts for anything 2+ feet from my face and reading glasses when I need to see closer (which is most of the time) and everything is oh so much clearer.  And, I can see books and recipes again!


4. Not a lot of what’s kept me not writing is bloggable, but a lot of resetting and rethinking and reconsidering across a lot of spheres. I’ve had to put school on hold for a bit, sigh, but it will be there when this settles more. Here’s hoping we are on our way away from that and can finish up some of the last tasks to get onto what’s next. 


5. This long weekend is going to be full of finishing redoing LM’s room (part of her birthday present), trying anew sourdough method, a walk in the woods with Maysie, and hopefully the new season of Taskmaster. I’m so ready for a bit of a break after a chaotic August. 


I see Halloween in the stores and pumpkin flavors everywhere, but I’m a holdout for apple desserts and fall fun until after the first freeze. How about you? All fall once September hits? Do you wait until “official” fall later this month? Or, are you a temperature person like me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ch- ch- changes

26 for ‘26

pupdate #1