Friday rambles

aka I love a good tangential list

Ack! My bulbs are coming up too soon! We’ve had such dynamic temperature changes here lately; last Friday, it was in the 50*s, today it's snowing with big flakes… Hopefully, these are hearty and motivated flowers and survive till spring (because I’m sure a few frigid nights and half a snowstorm isn’t all the winter we're getting here in Massachusetts)!


We started watching Severance this week. As someone who’s worked in a corporate office building for more years than ever expected - well, until the last 3 when I started working from home mostly! - the style of episode 1 really resonated which is an eerie feeling - I feel so seen! The whole concept of having a work self and a outside self is super interesting to me: how authentic is my work self? Do I still have a customer service voice? We only made it through one after a weirdly stressful week (The Great British Bake-off is our comfort programming), but plan to keep on with season 1 and see where it goes. 

All my library holds came in at once and it’s been overwhelming! I have this habit of going into the app and putting books on hold as I see reviews on blogs and other places, but I’ve never had 4 come in on the same day, oof, as well as my copy of Lauren Freshman’s Good for Girl. I'm hoping for a lot of cozy reading nights - but, may end up stress reading because of due dates!


Any random rambles from your week? Have a good weekend!

Comments

  1. The GBBO is my comfort viewing too, but I haven't watched the new season yet. I'm not sure what I'm saving it for?! Maybe I'll start it tonight.
    The kids and I are back to watch the Junior Bakeoff; they're HUGE fans of that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved Junior Bakeoff! It grabbed my heart! No spoilers, but this past season of GBBO was not one of my faves - but, still so glad to have had it and seen it. We just found the first 3 seasons that aren't shown on US Netflix on our Roku channel, so we have been enjoying Mary Berry, Mel, and my beloved Sue Perkins again, which is just the best way to wind down!

      Delete
  2. Ha! I currently have thirteen paper books checked out, one ebook, and one audiobook. I'm never the kind of person to have too few library books on her shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just so impressive! I’m always afraid one won’t be renewable and life will get in the way (maybe I just need to get more comfortable with getting back on the hold list or turn into a late returning rebel haha!)…

      Delete
  3. Ha! I do the exact same thing- as I'm reading blogs, if someone talks about a book that sounds good I'll immediately put a library hold on it. Then when the hold comes in, half the time I have no memory of what the book is. One time I did have four library holds come in at once, and it was stressful! Right now I have two library books and three books from Christmas that I'm trying to read. I need a "reading vacation," where I can just go somewhere and read for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A “reading vacation” really does sound amazing! My Brian keeps trying to convince me to take a night or two away where I could just read and go on walks and sleep - maybe this is the year for that haha!

      Delete
  4. The library holds thing happens to me all the time! Sometimes I'll put a bunch of books on hold while drinking wine, and then regrets, I have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But fun regrets! I bet a winner has come out of that at least once!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I hate when multiple books become available at the same time... I mean "hate", because I cannot fathom trying to read them all at the same time, but it's a tricky thing to "coordinate" that you always have a book that you'd like to read, but not get too many at once.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?