5 hopes for August

 My “momiversary” is at the end of August - 10 years of mothering Lil Momma on the outside. It’s wild - and I’ll have plenty of thoughts to share! However, it’s also really hit me that it’s time to reclaim some space for me: to reconnect with some of who I was before all this, to be who am I am now, and to be who I’m gonna be next. 

In that spirit, here are 5 hopes for the month that I hope will guide me in that direction:


One Average 7000 steps per day for the month (there’s a step challenge at work, so that’ll be good motivation)


Two 3 stories from the past few months for the blog (quitting the nutritionist, Lil Momma’s theater camp, and starting this new strength workout app) and 2 reviews (books? the Barbie movie? tbd…)


Three Make myself a dentist appointment. I left my last dentist Jan of 2020 and just never made finding a new one happen


Four Less screentime, more real life (‘nuff said)


Five Do one thing every week just for me. Maybe it’s a walk. Maybe it’s seeing a movie. Maybe it’s a bike ride. Maybe it’s going to a real coffee shop during the day.


Here’s to fresh starts and celebrating the big and little things ❤️ what do you having going on during these “dog days” of summer?

Comments

  1. Happy "Momiversary.” I really feel this post hard because I'm feeling overwhelmed with the needs of the kids lately and just feel...kinda burned out and like I need to reclaim some space. So I will be reading along for inspiration!!! I just posted about this seconds ago, so it is front of mind.

    I have put off dental-related things multiple times so I also can relate to that. And one of my goals in August is to go to my favourite coffee shop. I haven't been in months but I love going there to carve out concentrated time to work and just...relax and not have to engage with anyone. Now I need to go from saying I should do it to actually doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these five hopes! Very good hopes/ goals. I look forward to your posts.
    Happy momiversary!!! A whole decade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very doable, measurable goals! Yay! I hope that doing them makes you happy and more in touch with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are excellent hopes for August! And happy momiversary! Ten years -- what a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a fantastic plan... and a great way to transition to a bit more freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are good hopes! And, it's a good mindset. As they get older, our kids don't need us as much (sob!) and it's good for them to see that we have lives and interests apart from them. (of course, in addition to your full-time #1 priority of being a mom- because they still need us more than they think!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I particularly like about this is how you frame these as "hopes". Not "things to do" but things you hope to achieve - presumably, because they will make your life better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?