Ten Joys for a Thursday

Oh, what a week it’s been; the stomach bug, chlorine burns from a pool for my Lil Momma (and a bee sting), quitting softball, the start of an intense theater camp, and a trash week at work. I’m not in the mood to reframe it all, haha, but here are some small joys keeping me going:

 

One The cool side of the pillow; always and forever

 

Two The rush of adrenaline when you’re 2 chapters into a book and you realize you may not be able to put it down

 

Three Lil Momma is in charge of her book club this week and has all her discussion questions ready

 

Four Sleeping through the night after multiple nights of not sleeping through the night

 

Five I made it through the first strength workout for this new program I’m doing (I mean, I’m sore – but I could do it!)

 

Six Sitting on my deck with my coffee and hearing all the birds chattering away

 

Seven LM’s joy at reading in her hammock 




 

Eight Lazy family dinners playing would you rather? and planning adventures

 

Nine Splitting the soundtrack on car rides so we listen to LM’s playlist one way and mine the other

 

Ten Cleaning one thing that’s been haunting me each day (Kitchen floor, I’m coming for you tonight!)

 

Any small joys happening for you lately?

Comments

  1. Hmm, I need this today! Thursdays are hard days for me. I guess my small joys are- my son is making dinner tonight! And I'll have time for a nap after work.
    So a stomach virus? Bee sting? Sounds like a tough week! The weekend is almost here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small joys! My dog getting the zoomies in a park and making me and everyone else around us laugh. Successfully scheduling a program at our local community center and making connections to potentially get an additional program running. Getting to go to the county fair tomorrow and eagerly anticipating fresh cheese curds. A cool, overcast morning in July perfect for a run outside. Hearing kids laughing at the playground two blocks away. The smell of someone in the neighborhood doing laundry as I walk by on my walk with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small joys, yes! Love this list! My small joy is waking up early with my daughter and reading a chapter of our book together before we start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof. I am so sorry. Sounds like a rotten (exhausting) week. But I am here for small joys.

    I had a great start to the week, but now feel like I'm limping to the finish line so this is a much needed boost to reflect on all the good:
    - Leftovers in the fridge - I don't need to cook today
    - Watching my son excel on his soccer team
    - Playing card games while sipping coffee this morning
    - Freshly painted red toenails
    - It's Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping through the night and coffee with a side of bird chirping surely are small joys <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man, what a WEEK. I hope you are all doing better - physically, emotionally, occupationally (?) - now. And little joys are such a wonderful way to shift one's perspective. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?