small joys and quick adventures

Back in August, when Luke and I planned this long weekend away in Florida, we didn’t know how messy the last month would be. We’ve been used to drama and canceled plans, but our goal was to go make some memories with Lil Momma and have a break from the constant churn of sadness that’s been following us. 

This was a surprise for LM, which gave us some grace when we almost canceled 2 weeks ago and again on Sunday. But, where I’ve landed (plane pun, haha) is where I’ve often found myself lately: 2 things can be true at once. We can be sad AND run away to Universal Studios. We can be navigating what’s next AND make some memories right now. 



It all feels wild and adventurous - and I kind of love it. Here’s to a weekend away and finding some fun!
  

Comments

  1. I just listened to a podcast about how some people feel guilty about laughing when things are hard, but that's when we need the laughs the most. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, you went to Universal! I love it, more than the Disney parks. The Harry Potter sections are incredible. And yes... two things can be true at once. I hope you have (had?) a great time and are glad you made the choice to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?