Trips this fall (and falls)

 One Florida was amazing. It was a quick trip and went by in a blink, but we left wanting to go back and that’s the hallmark of a great trip to me. Lil Mama had never been to a place like Universal Studios before so it was wonderful seeing her explore how big it was and try out some rides - she loved the ones that told stories, big surprise ha ha! We spent a lot of time on the Harry Potter ones, the Simpsons, and the Spider-Man ride. We even enjoyed the hotel and she and I got cookies and milk as room service the night Luke went to see the haunted houses. It was the memory-filled weekend we needed.



Two the only real mistake we made came on day two. We had attempted to go on the new King Kong ride, but it had broke while we were on it, and we were stuck for almost an hour. Very overwhelming for me and put my little family in a bit of a grumpy mood. However, these things happen and they gave us magic passes that let us go to the front of the line even on rides that didn’t have express pass. Luke thought this would be a great opportunity to go on the new Hagrid roller coaster. Now, Lil Mama had enjoyed story rides, but was not a fan of roller coasters as a concept at this point in her life. Too fast, too open, too loopy. But somehow, even though we made a strong choice not to force her on anything, we ended up at the front of this line. As the two of them got seated on the motorbike in sidecar in front of me, I saw the fear in LM’s eyes. But the ride started, and there was nothing I could do. It was so fast. Turns out it goes over 50 mph, and is very much a roller coaster and not a story ride. She cried, she said “I told you so!”, she talked me into getting her a stuffed animal I swore I wouldn’t. I will definitely Google more next time!


Three We came back to real life on Monday. I got caught up in catching up on work and taking care of my mom. Then, we hit a bump in the road. (Well, LM hit the ground.) Thursday morning, while LM was waiting to walk to school with her friends, she ended up in the middle of kids running, got knocked over, ended up falling with her hand outstretched. Luke called me at work and said it her wrist wasn’t swollen and she could move it and all the moms there agreed that she was more shook up then hurt. So, we sent her to school. Fast forward a couple of hours and the school nurse called me because LM had ended up in her office after weeping her way through three classes. She recommended we take her to get an x-ray and told me a story about how her son had gone through something similar and ended up with what was called a buckle fracture. I met Luke and LM at urgent care and 10 minutes later we found out she had, indeed, buckle fractured her wrist. Luckily, she’s only in a cast for a month and can still dance. It could be so much worse, but was definitely not on my October bingo card, haha!



Hope you all have had a lovely week! I seem to be having trouble commenting on some blogs from my phone; I think it must be an issue with Apple and Google, but I can’t get it to work. Hoping to be more at my computer this coming week! 

Comments

  1. oh poor LM and her arm! I hope she is taking it well. I broke my right arm when I was 10 and, being right handed, my parents made me write with my left hand for however long the cast was on. It will be a good story for her some day.
    Your trip to Florida sounds like such a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can finally comment again! Oof, I can't imagine having to relearn how to write with my non-dominant hand. Did you continue left-handed or go back!??!

      Delete
  2. We had a buckle fracture in our house a few years ago - right before summer vacation - and it is a nuisance. Thankfully, the pain went away basically immediately after the cast and it's a shorter recovery time than a broken limb. Still...ugh.

    Glad you had such a great time away. I'm with LM - NOT a fan of roller coasters (but my husband ADORES them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can finally comment again!! Oof, right before summer vacation. I was so grateful we missed the hot, sweaty, sunscreen-filled weather - LM would have been super frustrated (well, more frustrated than she currently is, sigh #tweens).

      Delete
  3. Yikes, poor kid!!
    This brought back really great memories about our time at Universal. We had so much fun there! We also got stuck on a ride, it was the Cat in the Hat ride, so it was a descent into madness listening to the rhyming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being able to comment!! Oh, I can't imagine being stuck in Seuss - I kept my calm as much as I could, but it was a true challenge as the same messages played every minute!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?