friday figures #2

How did this week “figure out” over here? Let’s take a look! 

1 sick burn. Oof, Lil Momma hits hard sometimes. It’s like when she asks me what the 1900’s were like…

We were talking about how to learn lines and I mentioned some ways I used in college…


LM: “You did Shakespeare?!”


Me: “I was a theatre major - we did all styles.”


LM: “Did you do HAMILTON?!?!”


Me: “That didn’t exist yet…”


LM: “oh, was he still alive?”

OUCH!

1 of our 8 male cardinals! 

 

5 (which is the episode of the new Percy Jackson series on Disney+ we are on). LM has plowed through the Percy Jackson books over the last year or so and watched the movies – she loves them! She was super excited when she heard there might be a Broadway musical coming about The Lightning Thief – but even that fails in comparison over just how jazzed she is about this series. LM and I have read the books, but the Mr. hasn’t, and all three of us are really enjoying the performances on the show, as well as how they adapted it. Definitely worth checking out if you are into mythology, moments “oh, I know who that is!”, and a balance of sweet and sassy.

 

7 (which is the amount of times LM has changed her mind about her audition tomorrow). Last fall, LM’s musical theater school was supposed to have auditions for a “bonus” show called Dear Edwina. This would be another production on top of the June class recital (and another tuition, sigh), but the plan was to run it like a “real” audition: only 20 – 25 kids will get in (out of 50 auditioning), rehearsals on the weekends, 2 months to stand it up. They ended up moving it from the fall to now, but LM is all in her feels about losing her Nana and wavers between how it would be fun to do and be around kids on the weekends to thinking she’ll never get in and it will make her sadder to how she’d rather just lay around the house on weekends. So much to navigate, but she is prepared with her song tomorrow morning and I am hoping it works out for her; the distraction would do her good, I think, and give our weekends some structure.

 

January Figures Updates

 

At least 10 workouts. Sigh… after ending last week with stress-induced pressure hives and knowing this week was going to start like a dumpster fire, I gave myself grace and didn’t shame myself at all for falling behind. Here’s to seeing progress over the long weekend!

 

Average 5K steps / day. Last week, I felt so good about this until the hives came. I ended up with an average of XXXX. I already kind of crashed and burned Monday and Tuesday, but was able to rally by Wednesday, so we will see how this week goes!

Average less than 8 hours of phone screen time per day. So proud of this – down 16% from last week and under my goal! Here’s hoping I can keep the trend going – it’s me and these library holds against the world!


 

Any figures from your weeks? Can you believe LM’s sassiness? Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Kids these days. They think they're so smart. If I could have anything in the world, it would be the ability to time travel with the kids to the 1900's.

    When life gives you a dumpster fire, the only goal is to get through it. Gold star for putting yourself ahead of the goal to do x workouts and x steps...save that for when things are calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that validation - sometimes getting through the week IS the win, especially in corporate America, oof. Here's to a lovely weekend for us all!

      Delete
  2. My older son LOVED the Percy Jackson series as a child! It made me smile to see that it's a show now too.
    I echo Birchy - you are so smart to recognize what you need, and to amend your goals for those needs.
    Great photo of the cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I've been side-reading Percy with my girl and I am so enjoying it! It probably says something about my emotional maturity, haha!

      Delete
  3. WAS HE STILL ALIVE?! What are they even teaching kids these days?!

    I thought Percy Jackson were such good books. I wonder why there's such a Percy renaissance these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I'm laughing at the Hamilton question.
    I'm looking forward to an update on the audition situation! And, my son loved the Percy Jackson books but I never read them.
    Stress induced hives??? I would say you definitely needed a reset. I hope this coming week is a better one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking it easy when you need to is the best kind of selfcare. Don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come to Madison! Bring LM! https://www.overture.org/tickets-events/2023-24-season/children-s-theater-of-madison-the-lightning-thief-the-percy-jackson-musical/
    And yes, not focusing on steps or workouts (other than, MAYBE, yoga [again, MAYBE]) when you have hives from stress seems like a very, very reasonable step. Take care of yourself first, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she didn't have flipping rehearsal I would be buying airfare and tickets as we speak!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?