Leap Day Currentlys

 I was inspired by San and wanted to share some of my currentlys today, too!

 

ENJOYING / some fun nail color that Lil Momma and I got done over Feb vacation. I have never been a “nails” person (it always felt like my fingers were suffocating), but this time hasn’t been that bad and I appreciated them shaping them.


 

EATING / I’m in the office 2-3 days a week and if I pack and bring my lunch like I am supposed to, I’ve been having my favorite Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on one day and a fun coffee on the other (apple crisp oat milk shaken espresso… mmmm!). It’s been a nice way to incentivize getting everything ready the night before.

 

SAVORING / This may sound weird, but last week I started a new workout plan (aka “little things done consistently are better than big things done once or twice”) and it’s honestly been really gratifying to feel a little sore from working out. Maybe it’s because I’ve felt “injured” for years – and I’m still learning to navigate what is “pain” vs “soreness” – but that specific sore / tired is earned and gratifying.

 

THINKING ABOUT / I have a hope / goal of a solo vacation this year. It’s something I’ve never done, so it would probably only be for a night or two. But, I’m trying to figure out how far away I want to go, what I want to be near, etc. Most likely, this will be in the fall – my favorite time of year! – so, I have plenty of time. But it’s also easy to lose track or run out of time when planning things for myself, so I’m trying to keep this on my list.

 

DRINKING / A coffee in the morning. A tea at lunch and mid-afternoon. SO MUCH WATER (and a Liquid IV every other day) as I feel super dehydrated lately.

 

BAKING / While I wait out this sourdough starter experiment, Lil Momma and I are planning on making some scones this weekend.

 

READING / Some books for the Pop Sugar Reading ChallengeMy Brilliant Friend (a book published under a pen name) with the CBBC, Hot Six (a book published in 2000), and Boy, Snow, Bird (a book set 24 years before I was born).

 

BUYING / Summer clothes for LM to wear in her show later in March, as well as a pair of new “active sneakers for her and a bonus pair of Converse All Stars (which I always called “Chucks”) that she’s been begging for. They’re light blue with daisies on them and quite adorable (if not great arch support, haha). I am researching if I want to get another Apple Watch or something else, as well, as my current Apple Watch immediately began losing oh so much battery life 3 years to the day I bought it in early February, sigh. Oof, planned obsolescence.

 

WATCHING / Lil Momma and I are watching Doctor Who from the beginning of the modern series which is quite fun. The Mr. and I are still knee-deep in Expedition Unknown (we’re on a set of episodes about the Afterlife) and are watching the new episodes of CSI on Sundays. As a family, we are still rewatching Taskmasterover and over because it brings us joy. I checked out the new Mr. and Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime which I thought was fun and the most recent season of True Detective, too (I just love Jodie Foster). 

 

TRAVELING / I am pretty sure we are taking the latter half of April’s school vacation week to go to Maine and bop around (LM is intent on revisiting a chocolate factory tour she and I went on a number of years ago). Hopefully, we’ll be able to see some of my family up there, as well as have some as-good-as-weather-in-April-gets adventures.

 

PARTICIPATING / Outside of the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge, I can’t really think of another THING I am participating in – but, I am trying to be more of a PARTICIPANT in my friendships and conversations after being really overwhelmed for the last year or so which feels really good.

 

LOOKING FORWARD TO / Getting outside more! Warm cups of tea after chilly walks. My bulbs peeking out. Getting through Q1 at work, haha!

 

 

Is March spring-ish where you are or more of the same?

Comments

  1. Love the manicures! I am not big on them either, because they never last very long, but it can be fun once in a while.

    Everyone seems to love Taskmaster! I really need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun show! Slightly (or more than slightly...) racier than what we usually let Lil Momma watch every now and then, but really enjoyed by all 3 of us who have very different tastes haha!

      Delete
  2. Love the nails - such a fun colour. We have a snow day today (though it rained and didn't snow in the end and so school SHOULD have been on). This would be a great afternoon activity.

    Love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

    And I really hope you manage to get away solo. I did it last fall for the first time and it was absolutely incredible. I hope to do it again this year (maybe more than once?!), too.

    Also, apple crisp oat milk shaken espresso sounds AMAZING <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd be a fun flavored coffee person, but the fall ones really won me over, haha! You and Birchie have so inspired me on the solo vacation front - it seems so wild and terrifying, but I really do think it would be good for me to just be a person in a space for a bit.

      Delete
  3. Fun nails!! Mine never last lol
    Do get away alone - it's so wonderful for your soul. I like to do it in February and August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my stars, Daria - I think that is so amazing! I just went and reread your post from your Feb NYC adventure and it sounded so lovely and perfect. That sort of refresh and rest is exactly what I dream of!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I go get a manicure and ask for NO POLISH because the polish always chips and all I really want is for them to shape my nails and clean up the hangnails. That is my tip from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU CAN ASK FOR A NO POLISH MANICURE!??!!? That would change my life!!

      Delete
    2. You can! Or just get a clear coat!

      Delete
  5. You know I'm a huge fan of the solo vacation! Starting small is exactly the way to go - it's just a night or two somewhere that you will enjoy going and the time spent doing EXACTLY what you want to do every minute that you're gone. Then once you're back you decide if you want to do it again.

    I love the "treats" that you have set up for each in office day. And I know exactly what you mean by "good" sore from working out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I'm hoping to do! About an hour north of me, there is a guided tour of Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House I've always wanted to try and if I go west a few hours, there Edith Wharton's The Mount and a whole host of monuments and memories in the Berkshires. I just need to commit!

      Delete
  6. I've never done a solo vacation either, but I think I'd really like that. I have travelled alone, but always for work, and I am always so intrigued by Birchy's adventures.
    Love the polish colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a deep purple! It looks like grape jelly which makes me laugh here and there, haha!

      Delete
  7. Ooh! I LOVE solo vacations! I can't wait to see what you decide to do.
    I actually know what you mean about appreciating the good kind of muscle soreness. I had some strength workouts this week that left me sore, and it was good to feel achy somewhere other than my ankle.
    You guys and your fun nail colors!!! I'm actually not allowed to have color on my nails because of my job. I know- why. It's actually controversial and some therapists do wear nail polish and usually no one says anything. I'm actually okay with it- I'm just appreciating everyone else's fun nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really haven't gotten my nails painted in YEARS because it does mess with my head a little, but for some reason this time it was ok, haha! LM only loves bright colors, so we lean into the fun part of it. She was so bummed that she immediately chipped hers, but she lives an active life, haha!

      Delete
  8. I really want to do a solo vacation this year, too! I just need to find a place within driving distance since it will be my first solo vacation and I want it to be simple and easy. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in us! My first step is committing to a weekend in the fall and then drawing a driveable loop on a map to see what I think I really could handle.

      Delete
  9. Lindsay, I think you, Stephany, and I need to be an accountability tripartite? triangle? for the solo vacations. I am trying to psych myself up to take one night - ONE NIGHT - away, solo, to a small town that I have wanted to visit for years. It's 2 hours west of here. This is not hard. Sigh.
    But your response to Elisabeth really spoke to me: "I really do think it would be good for me to just be a person in a space for a bit."
    Yes. That. All of that. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?