february figures

A quick look at how my February hopes figured out and what I’m hoping to do in March!

 February Figures:

  1. Working out / intentional movement at least 15 days = 15/15!!!
    I had this whole realization that I am a happier person when I move my body, but when I am down (which makes sense right now), I may have to just do the things even when I’m not feeling like it. Which, shockingly (or not really shockingly, haha), made a huge difference during a really wild work month.
  2. Average 5K steps per day 5,002
    WOOHOO! I finally made it! I am sure my return to the office a few days a week pushed me over, but I have also been trying to move more through my days. 
  3. Average less than 8 hours of phone screen time per day = still too much
    I am trying to give myself grace in that I’ve been navigating a lot of big feelings and bad weather, but hope to make some movement in this space in March with a better approach to my usual doomscrolling moments 
  4. Stick to a skincare regimen 29/29
    There were so many nights I tried to talk myself out of this (even if was the bare basics of washing my face and putting on a night cream and putting on moisturizer and sunscreen in the am), but I didn’t waver and I feel so good about it! Small goals really do make a difference. I may try adding in a serum this month to my shortlist of night activities…
  5. Listen to one full album per weekmonth = 2/1
    The Gaslight Anthem’s History Books (a little slower than expected; fave song was “The Weatherman”) and Lawrence’s Hotel TV (so much more Clyde than expected; fave song was “Freckles”). It was really nice to not have constant podcast talk in my head when I’m usually trying to clear my head of work or home drama; I also listened to my SONGS FOR ME Playlist here and there and jammed out to some old faves.

 

Ouch, Duolingo

What’s up for March?

  1. Work out 3-5x a week and build a base
    I am so much happier when I’m moving. I created a weekly routine using Peloton workouts that both get me lifting some weights again and building a base walk/running and walking that I am hoping will have me leaving March with some better cardio conditioning, feeling good about getting back into the habit, and hopefully on the other side of “I just started working out” Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness….
  2. Average 6K steps a day and get my yearly average up to 5K
    I have faith I can do this! My little team and I have started taking “emotional laps” in the office on the days when it seems impossible to get away from all the meetings and tasks which has helped so much. I have to do more on my work from home days, so we will see if I can find some pockets to get down to the treadmill (or, gasp, even outside) in the coming weeks
  3. Clean my work from home office
    I have attempted to declutter and organize this space too many times since it became “my” spot (vs. our extra bedroom and Lil Momma’s toy jail) at the start of the pandemic. It’s closer than it’s ever been, but I still have to use a background filter on my video calls. I am hoping to find a pocket of time to get through what’s left (everywhere on the floor) and make this a calmer place for me to work these 1-3 days a week that I am here. (Maybe a future goal will be to decorate!!)
  4. Enjoy Lil Momma’s Show
    The bonus show that LM auditioned for in January goes up in a couple of weeks. It’s been a wild experience as she is one of the only non-competition team kids to have gotten in, but she has really loved the experience and learned so much. It’s also a wild time for her schedule (this show, competition dance rehearsals are picking up and she added in a duet with a friend, her Trunchbull for her musical theater class’s Matilda is a lot to learn – oh, and school and friends and LIFE)… However, this is such a moment for her and I want to make sure that I don’t let the rush of her schedule or that wild weekend when they do the show FOUR times overshadows the fun and the pride and the joy that seeing her in Dear Edwina should bring.
  5. Listen to 1 full album
    I really liked this goal! I hope I exceed it again. It’s been so nice to listen to some new music (especially since LM still has only been listening to the new Beyoncé song on repeat when she’s not listening to Matilda…..)

 

Has your March eased in like a lamb or been a lion?  

Comments

  1. “emotional laps” - this is brilliant.

    Wow, you did amazing with Feb goals.

    March started ROUGH. Like so, so rough. But by the end of this first full week, things are turning around <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my friend, I hope this rough is a moment and your March becomes so joyful that the rough seems like another time. PS: Sometimes, there aren't enough emotional laps in the day, haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of the "emotional lap", especially when you can do it with coworkers.

    Congrats on a solid February! It's a blerg month in general, so the fact that you met your goals during a difficult time is huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think so much of it is inertia - once I get going, I tend to stay going... (where was that realization months ago, haha!)

      Delete
  3. Well done! March has been great so far but I am oscillating between feelings of anxiety and excitement for our upcoming trip. I guess those two feelings are the same thing, just one is from a positive point of view and another negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big trip! I'm so impressed at how well-planned you are and can't wait to hear about your adventures.

      Delete
  4. Wait...doesn't everyone get DOMS every time they lift weights...is this just me?

    Nice job on the goals! I want to put in a plug for "Michigan, 1975" as another great song on that Gaslight Anthem album. We've been listening to it a lot in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get DOMS most every time - but, I am in that "early days of working out devastating DOMS" era where basic movements (sitting down and getting up, brushing my hair, oof putting on shirts) become quite uncomfortable and I seem to remember that going away last time? (Oh gosh, please tell me that goes away HAHA)

      Delete
  5. Wow, look at you!!! That is amazing, Lindsay! Great job!
    As for your question, I keep kind of forgetting it's March? I mean, I know it is but then also, I'm all messed up in terms of weather, travel, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did really great. You definitely nailed the workout and step goals, and yes- it just makes you feel so much better. Whenever people compliment my "dedication" to working out, I have to tell them that I do it just to keep my head above water. If I don't exercise I feel like total crap. So there's my motivation!
    Where my husband works, they're having a walking competition. They're in teams of four or five, and each team has a name like "Every Step You Take" or "Walking on Sunshine." It's a compilation of the total steps taken by the team throughout the day (and weeks- I'm not exactly sure when it ends), and they're getting pretty competitive! My husband's team is currently 5th out of 23. I think there's actually a prize for first place. You need something like that!
    I hope you and Lil Momma enjoy the whole show experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we have those at work, too! We just finished one and my team was "Anyone Can Step With Us" haha. I wasn't as competitive as your husband (his rank is so impressive!!) but it was a good "excuse" to walk around more (along with emotional laps, lol)... I'm so excited for LM!! She's so brave and all the kids have worked so hard on this.

      Delete
  7. You did AMAZING on your goals! Way to go - especially getting your step average up to 5K. My step average has to be so pitiful. I am trying to push myself to at least get outside for 15 minutes during the day so I can have a LITTLE movement. I'm also craving some harder workouts/muscle soreness, but have to figure out how to add that in.

    I can't wait to hear all about LM's show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cats, Lindsay! You rocked it last month. I hope that maintaining for some of those hopes is going a bit more smoothly than the initial implementation did. I cannot wait to hear more about LM's wild weekend of theatering and performing and just being, well, LM. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?