week in the life: sun april 7


Sunday funday or Sunday scaries? Here’s how the week ended for us:


7:30: I hear LM stirring: she loudly whispers that she wants to play for 30 minutes and I go doze. 


7:50: I’m awake and scroll a little while I let the Mr. grab his last 10 minutes of sleep. 


8:00 (on the dot!): LM throws herself on my bed and lets me know she’s going to talk the Mr. into donuts. 


8:05: I get out of bed use the bathroom. Glasses, hair in a ponytail, moving at the pace of Sunday. 


8:15: The Mr. gets back with donuts. We sit with our coffee while LM eats hers with a show and a bonus OJ he got her. 




8:45: LM heads up for a show in my bed. I clean up the kitchen and then work on my task list for all my mom’s affairs. (Apparently, I was dragging my feet too much because her financial guy has started giving me homework, oof…)


10:15: I head upstairs and organize my meds for the week - the only way I can deal with my “did I or did I not take my meds” anxiety…




10:30: LM and I change into our workout clothes and head to the basement for a workout. She does Lanebreak on the bike and half an Arms and Light Weights with me before she ditches. I finish the strength workout and then do a 30 minute walk. 



11:45: While stretching, I accidentally lay down in bed. Oops, haha!


12:00: Take a shower and pull myself together. 


12:20: Head downstairs for lunch. The Mr. and LM are working on a Lego project, so we end up eating late.  



1:45: I meal prep some falafel-flavor chicken burgers for lunches this week. 


2:30: We watch a documentary ready about pacing the Hardrock 100 race while LM has her snack and my burgers cook. 


2:40: Burgers done and cooling!


3:15: LM goes to watch a show upstairs and I chat with the Mr. while he does some early prep for dinner and I pack up my lunches. 


3:45: We have a family meeting about putting clothes inside out in the laundry basket and consequences. (I should say, we have another family meeting on this topic). 


4:30: The Mr. attempts an orange chicken recipe for dinner. LM protests and we enter our Sunday pattern of whining, sigh. 


5:00: I make LM some nuggets and peas instead. 


5:20: The Mr. and I admit this recipe was the definition of meh, sigh. We all watch some of a videos from The Dodo and are grateful for kind people. 


5:50: The Mr. drives LM to her technique dance class (this is a free class every Sunday night open to anyone on the competition team; we try to go because it makes the cost of dance more reasonable in our heads haha). I go through some of my mail stacks. 


6:05: The Mr. is back. We are both hungry post-meh dinner. I grab some popcorn and a bar and sit down with a book while he does dishes and finishes laundry. (I offered to do dishes but he said no!!) I get the Wordle, NYT Mini Crossword, and Connections done. I beat the Mr. on the Wordle and Mini, but he got me on Connections. 


6:30: We watch the new Pioneer Woman episode from yesterday and then he leaves to pick up LM. 


7:05: I do so much Duolingo and then read some more. 


7:40: LM gets home and grabs a snack. We watch a documentary about a 7 day race in Namibia and then one about running the Grand Canyon (rim to rim to rim). 


8:20: LM heads up to do her Wordle and Duo and read.  The Mr. and I keep watching random hiking things. 


9:05: LM comes to say good night and get some cough meds. I head up to wash my face, bush my teeth, stretch, etc. The Mr. sends me a funny text from the basement (he’s taking out Bella, playing darts, and doing more Duo haha). 



9:45CSI: Miami (we are so predictable)


11:xx: Sleep!


I did it! A whole week! Thanks for the comments and support. It’s wild to see how I spend my time… A lot of Taskmaster and accidentally falling into bed and LM cuddles. 

Comments

  1. Who do you like for your weights classes? I usually just do my upper body with a program my boys made me, but I like Callie for lower body weights. I've never tried a Lanebreak either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin and Tunde were a bit too much for me for upper body, but I do ALW with anyone and then fit in Rad, Jermaine, or Matty classes - even Ben here and there. PS: Lanebreak is fun - it let's you space out a little to the music but still gives you resistance challenges. I love the Tread ones, too, for some incline spiciness!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for these narratives! I love reading what other people do and how they spend their time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so afraid of how boring my life must seem so know this was very much appreciated!!

      Delete
  3. There must be something wrong with me (?) because I feel like I could read a post like this every day. Like, if you decided to do this for the rest of your life, I would happily read.
    Anyway... I forgot to comment before on you watching of ultrarunning documentaries. Weirdly, I rarely watch those, and I know there are SO MANY great ones out there!!! Okay, you've inspired me.
    And, Sundays... they always turn on you! I start off so happily, but sometime in the mid afternoon I get the "oh no, tomorrow is Monday" blues. Sigh.
    Lastly- sometimes you just have to lie down to get the proper stretch, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to stretch more and lie down less HAHA! Thanks so much, Jenny! My life seems so random to me (all working and commutes and driving LM around and oh, books!), but it is nice to know some of it resonated... We've been watching this guy Jeff Pelletier's ultra videos - he does a lot of trail running and films himself a lot, which is a cool perspective to get on some of these wilder races and experiences!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on Week in the Life! Your weekends are a lot more fun than your weekdays - well, that's true for all of us. Both are fun to read about though!

    Boo to "meh" orange chicken. Sigh, it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. I accidentally fall into bed a lot. It's always lovely, but it is a time sink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made it through Week in the Life! For the record, I think we ALL worry our lives are too boring to document but they aren't! It's fun to see the way our blog friends spend their days. :) I loved reading this and I hope you do it again in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

cast away

friday rambles

to chop or not to chop?